Women making the first move?

For the past few weeks I’ve been somewhat intrigued with this guy at work. When I met him, he seemed nice right away and very mature which I found refreshing in a world where men are mostly children- okay that doesn’t go for all men, but in my limited experience, that’s what I have found. Anyway, I don’t know him too well at all, but I can’t help but feel that I should. During my last shift at work I made it my goal to talk to him at least once, and I did so well! I’m trying to decipher his code and see if he’s interested but I’m still deciding how to feel about all this. I don’t often have crushes, if I’m being honest, so this has taken me aback. I fear I’ve become somewhat obsessive with my crushes, which I’ve learned is a control mechanism. What I’m asking advice on is whether I should pursue this somewhat-mystery-man or brush it off... but to be honest after writing all this, I’d probably go for it anyway because YOU JUST NEVER KNOW WHAT COULD HAPPEN! I’d rather say “I went for it” than “I let fear of the unknown take control”. You know what I mean? Any advice or notes are welcome. Please be civil. Thanks!

-K