Anyone had their membranes swept?

Shelby

So today I went to the hospital for a dose of pain meds due to early back labor, and being up with contractions the last 3 nights. While there in triage the Doctor on duty checked my cervix, like super forcefully. I’d been checked 2 other times before, and none of the other OBs were nearly as rough, in fact the first two times I felt no discomfort!

Afterward, I asked the doctor about a membrane sweep and she explained that’s pretty much what the cervix check she performed was... OK, she was rough so that made sense to me. Now I’m back home and have had a good amount of blood in my mucus, like when I peed a while ago it looked like clots. Has anyone experienced this, and is it to be expected? I feel like she just gave me my bloody show! Which I’m good with, but I haven’t seen blood come out of me in like 10 months so it’s freaking me out a bit! I’m 39 + 5 so labor is welcome, as long as it comes complication free!! 💫✨

P.S. Wishing you all peaceful labors and congrats to the Momma’s who are already holding their newborns!