*Trigger* My son is turning 7

Am

**Trigger** My son will be turning 7 in a little over a hour. I wanted to share a bit of his story starting from March 3rd of this year we had noticed he had horrible dark bruising as if someone was hitting him he always said nobody hit him in school or anything like that he also had to take frequent breaks on our 10 minute walk back home from school due to shortness of breath. He was always exhausted and at this point we thought this isn’t normal of him the doctor and us thought at first maybe it’s anemia so we got blood tests for him.

1 hour passes by then 3 then 4 and finally called back into the room with 2 doctors and a nurse in the room saying his levels were horrible and there was a high chance that he has cancer....The last thing any parent wants to hear they’re small child has.

As soon as we talked they contacted LAMC and we were transported there for more tests right away. We stayed 2 days before they did the lumbar puncture to tell us what kind of cancer he has. Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia T-Cell. We stayed there for another week to make his levels were decent.

By then we had already started his chemo therapy and had inserted a PICC line into his arm. Now here we are so near his birthday and every single day I’m grateful for his smile everyday, for him waking, for his needs I’m happy to help with just to have him as long as I possibly can. Here we all believe he will make it thru this.