Re-occurring yeast infections

Stacia

Well. I am going on my 7th yeast infection in one year. Less than one year actually but I don’t remember the date of the first one. I’m literally sick of it and not knowing what’s causing it. I’m tired making a dr appointment and paying the co pay just to get the little pink pill I know I need. It’s getting expensive. Any tips are welcome. Although I’ve literally tried pretty much everything.

UPDATE:

I do not take baths. I’m too tall for the tub so it’s not really a relaxing experience. Lol

I only use a body soap from a dermatologist that doesn’t contain those nasty perfumes. And on top of that the soap does not go anywhere near that area.

I eat yogurt regularly and take a probiotic that says it is equivalent to 10 cups of yogurt.

I asked my bf if he had any symptoms of a yeast infection but he has zero symptoms. Idk if you can have one and not show symptoms?

I went to the dr again. And again got the little pink pill that just makes it go away for awhile. I made an appointment with my ob next week. Hopefully she will have more answers after I complain enough. 🙁

Update! Fluconazole was the answer. My dr had con to some con Ed for women’s health and heard about taking fluconazole once a week for 8-12 weeks to stop reoccurring yeast infections. I was willing to try anything at that point so we tried it not knowing if it would work or not. But it did! Took it once a week for 12 weeks and I haven’t had one since! She gave me an open prescription Incase I got one again I could just got pick it up instead of having to make another appointment, wait, and get a prescription all while being miserable.

So ladies. If you have this problem, ASK your dr! It’s a trial but it worked!