Unuseful things for people to say during pregnancy

A

Is it just me, or do some of the things people say to you during pregnancy just not helpful.

I have a couple of conditions that makes pregnancy a little harder for me than the usual person, but I’m coping well and doctors are happy with how things are going. But, if I say I’m feeling uncomfortable (I’m 19w) all anyone says is it’s not at its worse yet.

I’ve spoken about a few things with friends that have children and they say things like ‘you’re tired, well, you better get used to it as it’s about to get much worse’ or ‘you won’t be saying that with a screaming child in your face’.

I’m in my 30s and I’ve spent a lot of time around various children. I know it’s hard, and you get no sleep, and everything is a mess. I’ve not had it easy in life and I now have the support to feel I can now go through with it.

I just think if anyone should say a response, they could maybe give a tip or even just say ‘I know it’s hard but we’re here for you’, rather than just ‘it’s crap’.

It’s maybe just my hormones, but I’m just sick of hearing it. I’m having a hard time as it is. Rant over...