My mother needs to understand her worth!

She has been married to my stepdad for ten years.

He was amazing in the beginning, took on me and my older brother and sister like we were his own.

Obviously things change.

My stepdad suffered a stroke a few years ago and hasn’t been the same since, obviously I understand that strokes can change people and his was so serious that it damaged a part of his brain. But my mother makes up excuses for every single thing he does to her or anyone else in this house by bringing up the stroke thing.

She was the one who took care of him and still his taking care of him meanwhile none of his family came to visit.

And in return she started getting treated like dog shit. I just feel like she deserves so much more, she’s 48 years old. She should be enjoying her life and get to come home without wondering what kind of argument is going to start today, he treats her like anything she does isn’t good enough and I just don’t want to see it anymore.

I’ve tried talking to her a few times about it but she just starts coming up with all kinds of excuses. She’s been married two times before and those men were no better, so I think with my stepdad she decided to “settle” but I don’t want her to just settle. I want her happy.☹️