What would you do if you caught your child masturbating?

Ok so me and my bf got in a bit of debate about this topic. I say its natural and healthy so if my child was doing it then i would explain that and tell them to make sure they’re doing it in private and not around others. My bf said he’d tell them to stop because he believes masturbation is sex and children shouldn’t be doing it until they’re ready for sex (teen and older). Ok so i understand why he has his view. His mom sent his sister away when she was 9 because she would do it. Also my bf was sexually assaulted a few times as a child. He never even masturbated until like a year ago and he’s 26. But honestly, I think shaming your kids for something natural is traumatizing to their mental health ( I actually am in school for psychology). Toddlers do it because it feels good. Its not about sex. Hell i will masturbate just to relax or help with insomnia. Its not always about sex. Sex positivity is a huge issue for me as a parent because as a child, i was taught religion and that any type of sexual pleasure outside of marriage was a sin. I don’t want my children thinking anyone has a say about what they choose to do with their bodies in their own privacy.

Vote below to see results!