Does my husband want kids?

My husband is not very vocal about how he feels. He shows it, but he doesn't voice it. This is an important fact for this story. Alright, so, I recently went off birth control because I am switching types and my doctor suggested I take a month or two off before getting the arm implant (he said it really didn't matter much but that he liked to make sure with me because I have bad reactions to medications and things a lot, and he wants to run some tests next month) and my husband stopped having sex with me completely for the first couple of days and -- before you comment like "how can that mean he wants kids?" Keep reading! -- all of a sudden I came home and there was a box of ovulation tests. I figured he bought them because he thought it was like testing to see if its safe or not!? But anyway, I took one and it was negative. Well, I asked him about it after that and he said "it said it can let you know when youre fertile, so i got it for you" i asked him why he was even looking at that stuff. he said he had just walked past "all those baby hair brushes and snot bulbs" and saw them. Fast forward a few days and I get a positive one. I tell him, figuring he'd want to know since he bought them, and he immediately wanted to have sex! Well, I was obviously totally cool with that. Husband after all. And I didnt care when he finished inside me either. I still dont care. I'm kind of hoping something happens. I assume thats what he wanted, right? This isn't just one of those things where a guy gets confused about what something menses related means, right?