Do 4D ultrasound to find out gender? Or just wait?

Brittany

I want to find out the gender of my first baby! I’m super impatient. I’m 12 weeks currently. I was told that you could do a 4D ultrasound from a third party company at 15 weeks to find out the gender, but you won’t be able to see the baby’s facial features that well since they aren’t fully developed. So I’m torn between that or waiting til 25+ weeks to do the ultrasound and that way I’ll be able to see features.

If I go this route, I can find out the gender from my regular doctor at 18 weeks.

So my question is, what would you guys do? 15 weeks to find out gender only, 18 week just to find out gender and then do the 25+ week ultrasound later. (But can I wait an extra 3 weeks?) I know there also blood tests available where I can find out as easily as now. But my doctor told me that’s more for ppl who are 35+ years and I’m 23 so while I COULD do it, she doesn’t recommend it. Plus I already recently did the Down syndrome testing and they took 10 vials of blood. So I’m kinda over blood draws as of right now.