Shame on me! (STUPID and ‘in love’)

Aside** I’m not proud of my stupidity...I’m just telling this story as a lesson for you girls to learn to follow that instinct to walk away from that person you know isn’t right for you** ***Also I just need to vent about this- experience***

Now I dated this guy for only about 8 months but I actually meet him 2 years ago randomly on a bus and but I never gave him a chance up until late September- early October.

After 2 years, when we finally went on our first date this man was everything I ever wanted in a man, instant husband material well mannered, polite to the waiter intelligent and family oriented.

After a month into dating he randomly asks me about kids and dating a guy with kids and me being ‘open minded’ was down for the cause- I mean why not?- I’ve never dated a man with kids but I was positive this man didn’t have any because I asked and he said NO.

A week later- he tells me he’s going to be a father, a week before his baby was born.

Now technically he didn’t have any kids but just because they’re not out of the womb doesn’t mean that it’s not expected.

**- I should’ve walked away -not because of the baby on the way, but because he lied... you’ll see how this will start to become a pattern... ***

Anyways, I was infatuated with this guy, I mean he was not like the regular guys I’ve dated.- he was legit HUSBAND material- and at that time I was ready to really find someone mature and serious about commitment- It was a new relationship but being someone’s stepmom was already on the table of discussion and honestly I thought I was ready...

A week goes by and even though I was upset about the lie... the baby was just too damn cute. **i had legit baby fever** His birthday was also a week away and I already brought him a present, I engraved a bracelet with the baby’s name on it for him and I even brought him a few things for the winter. I love giving gifts to people I like.

We were supposed to meet up on his birthday but something bad happened...turned out his baby mother died on his birthday, a week after giving birth! When I tell y’all this was so sad. I was heartbroken- I could only imagine what he was going through. I decided that I’ll be there for him and told him we should probably take things slow maybe take a break for him to process everything...he completely shut the idea down-but I understood he was grieving and needed as much support as possible.

About a few days later I’m listening to him talking on the phone about his WIFE passing away... I was confused he didn’t have a ring and he never said he was married I mean he was only 24! -But I guess I had wrong judgement once again. The man was in fact married to this woman for 2 or 3 years but they were ‘living separately’.

*** This man was already somebody’s husband!!!**

**I this is when I should’ve really walked away. I don’t see myself as the mistress type, side chick or home wrecker, because that’s not how I roll.... but when I confronted him about it, he said everything in the book to make it seem okay to me , they weren’t living together, it was only for his visa... he was basically begging me not to leave him but I should’ve actually left guys...It was disgraceful for me to stay ether poor woman passed away. But I felt like I needed to stay. Plus I still really liked him...

Through this dark time was when I his true colors began to show and let’s just say things got pretty ugly- pretty quick!

That’s enough venting for tonight... let me know if you want to hear the rest but I think writing it all out helped! This is the most traumatic relationship I’ve ever put myself in but thank god it’s over. I know I’m being hard on myself because I was being lied to an manipulated... however I should’ve known better in several other instances.