How do you clean up dog puke?

I had just gotten my son out of the tub and was walking back into our room to get him dressed for bed as my stepfather came back into the house from being outside and seen where the dog had apparently thrown up. He started making a big deal about it and I just walked into mine and my sons room, like I said, I didn’t even notice it and I had to get my son in a diaper before he peed everywhere.

Well four hours later I come back out of my room and walk through the living room to get to our kitchen, guess what’s still in the living room? THE PUKE! This grown ass man really left that puke laying there for my mother to clean up when she gets home from work at 3a.m. Instead of picking it up him damn self, sad part is it’s HIS DOG.

Had I known he just left it there I would have cleaned it up way earlier but when he throws his little temper tantrums I usually keep myself and my son in our room away from it.

So here I am, in the living room trying to figure out how to clean up dry dog puke. I’ve never had to before so I’m not sure what I’m supposed to use.

Oh and the worst part of it is it’s right in front of our back door that everybody comes in and out of and somebody apparently didn’t see it and stepped in it.

** It is a carpet.