Heartbroken and could use some support...

Gracie

So, tonight I ended things officially with my partner of just over 6 months. He was wonderful in the beginning. Always made time for us, I felt so special and cherished, like he really saw me for me and adored me. Then after the holidays when we spent a week together (it was long distance) everything changed. He stopped putting in effort and just turned into a totally different man. I was no longer a priority for him. I made allowances for him because he’s had some terrible things happen to him and he struggles...but it finally got too much and I confronted him. He apologised and felt terrible and things were ok for a little while, but I’ve had a rough time and he wasn’t supportive at all. I let everything out over a phone call tonight and what I managed to get out of him is that he ‘always does this’. Meaning he meets someone and gets excited about the possibility of being in a relationship and thinks he can be all in...but then he realises that he can’t and just treats them like they aren’t important until they leave him. I feel like such an idiot for falling for him. I’ve had only terrible experiences with men and I thought he was different. I told him all about my past relationships and he looked me in the eye and told me he was different. I’ve once again been used as an emotional punching bag.