Catching up with an ex while engaged

do

Okay so....this might’ve been a tiny bit misleading but I’m not sure how to word it.

I’m engaged right now, I’m leaving end of this month for the army. Today I got in touch with this guy I met when I was traveling to San Francisco. He showed me around the city for a couple days and we really had a good connection. He did kiss but nothing further. Turns out he goes to school near where I live so months after we decided to meet again to hang out. I had a boyfriend at the time and he knew, but he told me he still had feelings for me. I stayed over at his dorm that night and nothing happened even though he insisted. At the time my boyfriend (now ex) was cheating on me and I knew, so i confided in him but told him I can’t cheat on my ex just because he is doing it to me. Our meet ended very awkwardly, basically me running away when he was pouring his heart out to me that he likes me. He did recently come to mind, I realized my fiancé and he has a lot in common like personality and qualities of a good boyfriend. If I have a “the one that got away” or “the guy I should’ve given a chance” then it’s him. But I have no intentions of getting with him now because I am engaged and I will not cheat on my fiancé, that’s for sure. Now more time has pasted, over half a year and he just hit me up again asking how my life is going. I told him about the army and he told me about his new career and how med school has been. Then he asked if I wanted to hangout before I leave. I haven’t answered him a hours because I do want to meet and catch up because he is a really great guy I want to keep as friends but because of our history I would feel weird about see him and telling my fiancé that I’m just meeting with a friend. I have no intentions of being physical with him and would not go being my fiancé’s back. Should I tell my fiancé the truth and meet the guy, tell him and don’t meet the guy, don’t tell him and meet the guy, or don’t tell him and don’t meet the guy? In the end I’ll do what I think is best for my relationship but I was wondering what you guys would do if you were in this situation.

Vote below to see results!