unbearable sadness

A

Iam 16 years old and I go through this majorly depressive state when I’m on my period, (straight to the point ik) but it is so so bad. I’m on holiday rn, should be happy, my life is fine I guess... no traumas or anything. I’m actually coming to the end of my period by the way. I just feel so sad, on the brink of crying all the time. I get really bad before my period for weeks, during, and maybe after. But it is so awful and I feel so horrible. When Iam off my period I feel bad mentally, but only about 40-50% of the time, and it’s less intense. Some reasons I do not know, I had to get this all down tonight because I’m feeling really bad right now. most of the time I feel ugly, I don’t want sympathy I just wanted to be truthful. I avoid going out when I can because I basically don’t want to be seen. I understand my age plays a huge part of this, but it’s just unbearable. I havent told my parents (Iam very close with my mum but I wouldn’t know how to tell her, she would freak out) and I have one close friend but she doesn’t seem to care that much. I mean I guess that’s fine, I just want to fix the problem myself. When I’m feeling like this I go into a huge mood and I have to stop myself from crying every 5 seconds. I tried having a bath, eating my favourite foods and watching YouTube to distract me and maybe have some fun but it just seems worse now. I don’t know if anyone could help or even reply- I just want to know if anyone is going through the same thing