17 Year Old's Birth Story (long)


I guess it's time I write it, since he's two weeks old today!

So I should probably start off with saying that I was in prodromal labor for a good 2+ weeks before he was born. I was having contractions that were painful (well, until I felt the later ones) and regular, but after getting checked twice at Labor and Delivery, I wasn't dilating past a one. So at 39 weeks and 4 days on Thursday, my doctor did a membrane sweep as per my request. I was exhausted and anxious at this point, so I figured trying to move things along was a better idea than having a breakdown. My contractions definitely picked up at this point, and those earlier contractions seemed to hurt way less than before. I came in on Thursday night, and I was still only at 1cm. I cried. I thought this baby would never come. Friday night, I was in so much pain that I wanted to die. I was having contractions that were 3 minutes apart and 1 minute long. I figured they were still nothing and sat around in agony until about 5am. I couldn't stand it anymore and decided to go to the hospital. I get there; I get checked. I'm at... a 2. I was crying and in pain, and my contractions were extremely regular and registered that way on the monitor. I was exhausted after two weeks of 'light' contractions followed by two days of early labor. Then, after another two hours, at 9am, they checked me one last time. I was at 3cm. They said they were finally going to admit me and they offered the epidural. "God, yes, please," is what I'm pretty sure my response was.

They admitted me and I was put in a room. My boyfriend went and got our bags and I laid in bed until the anesthesiologist came at last. I was having contractions through the whole thing, but she did it in fifteen minutes. Almost as soon as it started to kick in, I fell asleep. I woke up and ate some Jello, some broth, and drank a Powerade. It was the best Jello of my life. This was taken after the epidural, obviously.

I fell back asleep soon after this. I woke up at around 4:15. I said to my mom, "I'm like, super uncomfortable. I don't feel right. I'm just... really uncomfortable." She told me to call the nurse, and I almost didn't. But I did, and thankfully so. They had a nurse check me and all I hear is, "Oh, no wonder you're uncomfortable! His head is right there." It was time!!

My nurse called the doctor saying, "You don't need to hurry. Oh, you're not in the building? Oh yeah, then definitely hurry." My boyfriend was out at the time, and he got back as I was doing practice pushes. He was surprised as hell 😂😂

I pushed for twenty minutes and he was here!!

Kaiden Malachi, born June 30th, 2018 at 5:02pm, weighing 7lbs 1oz and 20 inches long. 1 day before his due date. He pooped on the doctor and peed on the nurses 😂 He's the light of my life. I adore him.

Him and his daddy

Milk drunk 😂

His first bath ❤

And him yesterday, all chunked up, two weeks after birth.

And the first picture I took of us together. I was exhausted this day. He was worth it though. (Even after 18 weeks of puking)