My heart grew and broke at the same time...

Backstory: my grandmother has pretty bad Alzheimer’s. She has always been really in tune with what’s going on around her but it seems that since she’s started slipping away from reality her sixth sense has grown so much stronger. I made a huge mistake a while ago when she was living with us that I didn’t tell anyone about. She came out of her room, hugged me and said “it’s okay. I won’t tell anyone. Mistakes are okay, let’s just make sure it doesn’t happen again.” That was the moment I started feeling like she and God really became one and that he either lets her know what’s going on, or speaks through her sometimes.

Present day: I lost a baby at 10 weeks. We named her Finley because referring to our precious child as “it” felt wrong. I obviously never got to confirm her gender but I’ve always had this feeling. Today, I was visiting my grandmother and she looked at me and said “I’ll watch your daughter for you. I’ll take care of her.” I miss my baby and that made me feel like she is okay and happy. I just wish I could hold her, I would be 37 weeks at this point...