Pregnant and suicidal

I’ve struggled with bipolar type 2, ptsd, anxiety, and OCD for 7 years now. I recently found out I’m pregnant and could not be happier about it. However I’m nervous because I’ve been very depressed and suicidal lately, due to the hormones and my illness’s. I know I won’t harm myself because of this beautiful soul growing in my womb. It’s just so hard struggling with all of this.

Ever since I can remember, I’ve wanted to be a mommy. There has not been one time in my life where I truly considered not having children. I know I’m going to be an amazing mom, as I’ve always been drawn towards and amazing with children (patient, compassionate, understanding, reliable) I just can’t help but feel bad for risking passing down my bipolar to my baby, as most people in my family have it. I’m hoping that in being the mother that I always wanted to have, my child won’t suffer from that illness, at least not as badly.

This post is all over the place and I’m not sure if there’s a specific point I’m trying to make, I just needed to let my feelings out. Please try to be compassionate, as I’m already struggling as it is.