Dr recommending leave early- Advice.

Te

This is my first pregnancy and I have been having some intense swelling in my legs and I went in for my check up and decided to finally say something to my Dr. She told me she didnt even know how I'm working still. I just thought I was being a weenie about it. She told me she will put me out on leave whenever I am ready. I am trying to wrap my mind around the idea. I of course will have my maternity leave but I am only 33w 2d and I honestly don't know what I would do. she doesnt want me on bed rest because that would only make it worse but she wants me to be able to put my feet up more throughout the day to help and also try to relax to keep my BP normal.

I really don't know what to do. I dont want to push myself too hard but I am also very work driven. I know once my daughter is here I will love my maternity leave but I don't know I would handle early leave. any advice or suggestions?

Update: Thank you so much for all the feedback. I spoke to my HR office yesterday and as long as my dr signs off i would be able to go on short term leave and would also have a couple other benefits that would get me to be able to be off with her for about 11 weeks after my early leave- pending the documentation from my dr of course but my doctor has told me she will do everything she can to help. I am so excited and I will stay working for about 2 more weeks as long as it doesnt get worse