40w2d = eternity

Alana • Las Vegan, early-thirties mama of 2 boys

😫 I did hypnobirthing with my first. I went into spontaneous labor the day of his due date and he was born at 5am the following day (my birthday! July 21). Here we are, 2 years later. Baby #2 was due July 19. Still a no show and measuring a full 2 pounds bigger than my first. Doc said let’s induce on the 21st and at this point, I agree. I just want to meet this baby! Plus, how cool that all three of us will share a birthday?!

We did a Foley Bulb induction yesterday. I was contracting almost immediately. Took a nap. Balloon fell out when I woke up and contractions were gone. My induction had been scheduled for the next day anyway, so I was not super concerned. Just a little disappointed.

This morning at 4:50am we got a call from the hospital saying too many women are spontaneously going into labor so my induction is being pushed back from 6am to another time that they’d tell me between 6-7. I called when no one called me by 7. They then said to check back if no one called by 10am! I’m L O S I N G M Y M I N D. I’ve been awake since 4am, getting ready. I already had trouble sleeping last night.

I’ve had to come to terms with the fact that I’m doing any kind of induction AND psych myself up for a big baby especially with an induced labor. Not to mention the other joys of late term pregnancy and the constant texts and messages from friends and acquaintances asking if I’m still pregnant. Ugh! Stop reminding me!!!