Grieving differently than your partner

Lauren

I am really having a hard time with my boyfriend and his depression right now. Our son was stillborn in April. The first month or so we were really in tune with each other and I felt really connected to him in our shared grief.

We were starting to try to find our new normal when we got our autopsy results back and it really kind of through us for a loop. He has been sleeping a lot ever since then (about a month ago). He goes to bed right after dinner. And then on the weekends he will sometimes sleep all day. Literally all day (and night). We were going to do dinner and a movie today and he pushed it off to tomorrow because he’s so tired. But he literally slept all day Thursday and Friday. Should I be intervening in some other way?

I’m feeling very lonely and I’m trying to seek support from other people but he is my partner and I love him more than anybody. I hate that there is nothing I can do to make him feel better and I am resentful that I feel I am being left alone and I miss how things used to be between us. I don’t want the loss of our beautiful little boy to be the reason our relationship eventually disintegrates.

Thanks for listening