My first pregnancy and loss..

Adriana • ❤️Married 🎀 Mommy to a sweet baby girl, born January 2020

I went in Friday for my 8 week scan. Doctor did ultra sound and found no heart beat. She could see the yolk sac but no sound. She brought another doctor in for a second opinion. I will never forget the look on her face as she stood there and told me she was so sorry. During her exam she told the other doctor that she could see the crumbling (whatever that meant). I can only assume she meant the tissue.

Thank God I had my husband with me because I couldn’t imagine having to tell him myself or just walking out of my doctors office alone.

As my doctor told me my options of taking a pill and or letting my body pass it naturally, I could hear her talking but nothing was registering. I just wanted to run out of there. Now that I’m a bit more clear headed, I think I’ll take the medication to help my body along. I’ve been cramping like I’m going to start my period, so maybe my body is finally figuring it out but I can’t wait. When it finally passes I know I’ll be heartbroken all over again. I just want to move past this. Obviously I’m scared of what it’s going to feel like, but I just want to move on from this. Thanks for letting me vent. This is was my first pregnancy and my first loss..💔