16 Weeks, Feeling Better, & Excited for Doppler!

Laura

The all day nausea I was experiencing in first trimester has finally lifted 🙏 and we have shared the news of baby with family and friends and colleagues. We had decided to wait until the results from the NIPT blood test came back. Results were good! And we learned it’s most likely baby will be a GIRL 💖 🤗 Tomorrow we have our 16 week appointment and I’m excited (also a little nervous) to hear her heartbeat, hoping that she is still growing healthy and happy in there. I do feel aching in my lower back and some light pain around my lower abdomen when I use my stomach muscles, which I think is my growing uterus?!Sometimes I think I feel a “goldfish flip” inside, which I read is a way some women describe baby movement at this early stage. But it’s all so new and impossible to know for sure what’s going on in there! I am also very much looking forward to the 20 week anatomy scan when we can get a good look at baby and also the risk of miscarriage drops below 1%. Starting a two week intro to prenatal yoga this week will hopefully help calm my nerves in the meantime 🧘🏻‍♀️