Having a hard time 😞

M • Loving life! ❤️✌️

I’m having a really hard time parenting right now and am at my wit’s end! Long story short, my MIL lives with us. It’s never been an issue, we get along fantastically, but now my 3 year old son is testing boundaries all over the place and looking for her and my husband to constantly “save” him from me and my discipline 😖

They’ve slowly been overstepping the boundaries I set for a while now because it’s easier for them to be the nice guys and it’s all finally boiling over to the point where when I say the slightest thing to my son resembling rules or discipline and he starts crying for them. I walk in a room and he says “no mommy, I don’t like mommy.” I know he’s only 3 and doesn’t truly mean it but this SUCKS and is so hard to feel unloved by your own baby! And no I don’t yell at him constantly or anything, it’s things like I say it’s time for a nap because he’s acting miserable and he runs to grandmas room or lays in his room wailing for daddy. I just don’t know what to do anymore! And yes I’ve talked to them about it before but they think I’m being over dramatic...when my son was trying to hit me as I was changing his pull-up a few minutes ago she’s standing there going “I don’t know why he behaves like that” and I muttered something about someone else always giving in or saving him when I’m not and her actual f***ing response was “oh well that’s just ridiculous to say, I haven’t saved him from you in weeks”....really?! Why did you ever do it at all?! I know it sucks for her that there’s no separation between grandmas house and home for him but I don’t know how to make it anymore clear that we need to al work together here FOR HIS BEST INTEREST!