insecure

A

ok so some of you might find this annoying or something, and I’m sorry if you do. so a little about myself, I’m 16 & I’ll be going into 11th grade this year. I’m enthusiastic, energetic, and have a fun & loving personality. I’m known for being the “smart and nice girl” and I love being known as that. It’s nice to know that people think of me in a positive way. I’ve never been kissed, never had a bf, and I’m still a virgin.

Lately, I’ve been feeling super insecure about myself. During freshman year I’d feel insecure on period a lot, I’m guessing bc of my hormones. But now, all I feel is insecurity. I’ve never found myself pretty and I’ve never felt good about myself. The older I get, I always compare myself to the “prettier girls”. When I look at them they are perfect. They look like models and it makes me feel like the ugly duckling. I know I shouldn’t be making myself less, but I can’t stop. I’ve had crushes on many guys throughout my life and NONE of them have showed the slightest interest in me. And that would completely shatter myself esteem. Idk how do I stop comparing myself to other girls and just focus on me?

Speaking of boys, my favorite genre of anything is romance. I’m completely obsessed with romance bc I’m starting to think I’ll never the right guy. I know I’m only in high school and I have my entire life in front of me, but i feel lonely when I see everyone in a relationship. I also heard that college guys are more open minded and mature than high school guys. So idk I might wait until college to start dating. So any college girls, plz tell me how college guys are so I’m prepared.

I just had the need to vent & I’m feeling a lot better now after I’ve written all of this.