Did he use me? Should I try and talk to him?

Okay so I met this guy about 6 months ago and we hit it off very well. He said he didn't want a relationship and I honestly didn't care because I wasn't looking for one either but if one came within time, I didn't mind. About 4/5 months ago he asked me what did I do when I got horny. Which was random. I'll post the screenshots below of that conversation. ( my phone is jail broken that's why my iPhone looks like that). Anyways about 2 months ago randomly we started having these deep conversations and he told me how smart I think and he might be interested in an actual relationship. He came over after work last minute like maybe a week and half after that conversation. I had a oversize t-shirt with no underwear on. I guess once he realized that he went under the sheets and starting giving me head. I don't know if I asked for it by not putting on underwear before he came but I don't like wearing them unless I'm on my period. It completely threw me off guard and since I wasn't having sex with anybody I let him continue and we had sex after that. We are talking more and he's opening up more & he starts calling me babes and boo and all those cute nicknames. I went over his house and he came back over my place and we just talked and joked no sex just enjoying each other company. Recently he's been stressed out and just completely shut down on me. I noticed he's barely replying to me and we didn't talk for like 6 days. OnbJuly 14th, I text him saying I don't know where I went wrong where he doesn't talk to me like and could he call me. He called not too long ago and explained he was going through alot and he's not talking to anyone right now, he's not mad at me and we're good. After we got off the phone he told me would talk to me later, Its the 23rd. He randomly popped up on my social media and I really do miss him but I don't want get my hopes up and we get distanced again. Should I try one more time or let it go, or did he use me?

About less than 2 months ago he came over my place after work