My mums made me scared to walk down my street

Je

So In short my mum basically thinks all men are sexual predators or criminals (except for men in our family). She herself hasn’t been attacked or anything so it’s quite irrantional and sexist point of view in my opinion.

Anyway all my life she has given the safety talk of all safety talks. Like to the extreme point. It’s only been recently I haven’t had it when I leave the house.

Now with this entire lifetime of being told horrific stories of kidnapping,abuse,rape and brutal attacks on women all my life (some real some not) it’s gotten to the point I cannot walk down my street ( in a suburban quite low-crime rate area) without being terrified the car passing is going to kidnap me or a man I walk I see isn’t a good person.

There has been two situations were I thought I might’ve been in a situation like that myself but thankfully (atleast for one of them I know for a fact) was okay.

But I cannot live scared to walk down my road on my own! When I start a new school farther away I’ll have to travel on my own a lot and I cannot deal with being so scared. I don’t know what to do! Please help me