Help! Toddler refuses teeth brushing 😑

Bo

My 14.5 month old is as stubborn as can be about everything. One huge issue is brushing his teeth. It’s impossible! I’ve been trying for months and still not getting anywhere. I try the little finger rubber tooth brushes and little round toddler toothbrush. I try to let him do it and he won’t. When I try he pulls his lips tight over his teeth so I can’t touch them or just bites down. He screams and wrestles me. I put him in his high chair for restraint and safety but he flails all over the place. I’m huge on oral health and this is causing me a lot of stress that his teeth are going to start rotting. They look fine now but they never get cleaned. Now and then I’m lucky if the tooth brush just barely brushes against one or two teeth. He has 10 teeth and several more coming in. I use a fluoride toddler toothpaste recommended by our pediatric dentist. He loves the taste. He licks the toothpaste off then refuses to let me brush. Our pediatric dentist says we need to hold him down and force his mouth open and brush that way. No way am I doing that to him every night!! Talk about creating a fear and negative association! Has anyone conquered this issue?!