Getting engaged!

Okay yes I’m that typical 20 something girl desperately wanting to get engaged and I just need somewhere to vent.

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 4 years I am 26 and he is 27 and we live together. I’m at that point in my life where all my best friends are married or engaged and even a few are starting to have babies...I so desperately want that and I know I shouldn’t compare my life to others but I just feel so deflated about the whole situation. I am also frustrated because no matter how many times I ask people not to they always tease me because I don’t have a ring on my finger yet.

My boyfriend tells me all the time that he wants to propose he’s even taken me to choose my ring out but every single time there is always a reason why he doesn’t buy the ring and do it, there’s money issues, then he wants to wait until someone whose been together longer than us to get engaged because he doesn’t want to step on their toes, some other thing always seems to take priority and I’m getting sick of it. Now there’s been quite a serious issue going on with his family and he is saying ‘I can’t think about anything else right now’ and when I say that I understand that but you can’t let it put our lives on hold I get told that I’m being unreasonable and unfair.

I love him to death and married or not I plan on being with him for the rest of my life but I just feel so completely unaccomplished in every aspect of my life at the moment it’s depressing.

Sorry again thank you for listening to me vent I know I probably sound like a bloody idiot!