Praying for an August 6th baby!!

Heather

My great-great grandmother would have been 116 on August 6th and I pray that’s the day my son arrives.

25 years ago on August 8th, a Sunday, they had a birthday party for granny-mom. She was 91 years old and I was her birthday present. The morning of the party is when I decided to make my appearance into the world. My grandpa video taped the whole party so someday I could watch it. Growing up it was one of my most favorite things to watch. I got to see my whole family welcoming me into the world and I always felt so loved. I got 6 good years with her and I was always her favorite because I was her birthday present.

Every year that side of the family has our family reunion the weekend closest to her birthday. This year it will be the 4th. Everyone since they found out I was due in August has said how funny it would be if history repeated itself 25 years later. I really hope it does. I feel like it will bring me and my son even closer to such a wonderful woman that would’ve loved him.

I may only be 37 weeks Saturday but I hope either on the day of the reunion or on her birthday I will bring my son into this world and we will continue a very long tradition.