Self Respect shouldn't come at the cost of Love.

Amelia • College Junior

Ladies,

A few days ago I broke up with the man I gave a year and a half to. I gave 1.5 years of love, thoughtfulness, respect and devotion. Only to discover he was cheating on me with anyone willing to get close enough to him. I don't blame the girls he seduced because I am sure he made me into a secret. But he ignored me for days and eventually weeks on end, always made promises and never actually fulfilled a single one, abandoned me in more than one scenario and always took me for granted. A large part of me hopes that he did care but when I told him things had to change he just told me we were over and to have a good day.

Leaving was the hardest thing I've had to do and I'm finding it terribly hard to get over him. I left him with a watch, paintings, maching boxers, clothes and more. He left me with two books. I found out he's still with the last girl I knew of and that she doesn't know about me or what happened between us. I think I loved a monster because he was so willing to let me go and not evening willing the slightest to show me he could be the man I always saw him as.

I'd love some ways of coping through a bad breakup if any of you ladies have some suggestions. I'm trying not to run back to him because I still do care so much and I can't help but hope that he is hurting and missing me too.