Baby is born now in NICU

Niomie • Mother of a 4y daughter and a 3y son and a 1y old daughter and another son on the way in October 2020😍

My babygirl was born on 08-02-18 weighting 9 pounds and 21 1/2 inches long. She was very purple and had a hard time breathing and keep her O2 up. Didn’t get to hold her for 5 hours after birth and only had her an hour and they took her and we didn’t get to see her till the ambulance was there to grab her to send her to Maine Med to be in NICU and have special doctors. I received mixed information at my local hospital that has now made me angry but I’m focusing on my babygirl and not the fact they made me angry. Luckily my midwife let me be discharged not even 24 hours after birth so I can be here with my daughter as I couldn’t be transferred too. Sucks being in so much pain and bleeding and having to go through all this with no help or post partum care from hospital staff like you normally have after just delivering but I’m with my babygirl and that’s all that matters.

Shortly after birth

Now in NICU with daddy by her side. She has a lose voice box and her nose is only open in the left side. Waiting on CT scan of her nose and to see ENT. However flushing her left nostril some of the fluid came out of her right nostril so it could be slightly open but not enough for that tiny camera to fit through! So nervous and confused. Just want my baby to be better and breathing normal so we can go home and have our babygirl to ourselves. Keep up the strong fight babygirl you got this! Momma and daddy love you!

Any NICU mommas have any advice or experience to share first time having a NICU baby. Last two were perfectly fine babies.