Gah so torn

So, I’m on CD 52 and AF is 25 days late. She’s never been late at all. I went to my doctor last Thursday and was given a urine test. It was negative and my doctor told me I was probably just late and to call back in a week if AF still didn’t show or if I didn’t get a positive HPT. I asked about a blood test or possibly an exam/ultra sound. I was told no that a urine test would pick it up if I was pregnant and that if it doesn’t show up in the week she’ll just get me a prescription for progesterone to jump start my period. I’d really like a blood test, exam, or just more time before starting the medicine.

I’m nervous that I’m having a similar experience as my mom did when she was pregnant with me. It took 4 months before she tested positive on a blood test and they couldn’t find me on the ultrasound because she was carrying super high.

My doctor is adamant on not doing a blood test and me just starting the medicine. Do you all think I’m being crazy? I know it’s probably unlikely that I am pregnant but I don’t see the harm in being absolutely certain before starting any medication.

Should I go see a different doctor?