Lost my cat to liver cancer 😢😭 **long story

Re

I’ve had my cat Peanut for the past 4 years, we adopted her in Dubai & brought her over to Spain 2 years ago when we moved. She’s been my dog’s best friend ever since she joined our family.

3 weeks ago she had diarrhea, I didn’t think anything of it and brought her to the vet for some anti-diarrhea meds & digestive wet food. After a week on meds her diarrhea was still ongoing, we brought her back to the vet again & they did a full blood work up. The results came back that she has an infection in her liver. So the vet put her on more meds for the infection. A few days into the meds + syringe feeding her she still has diarrhea!

We were so worried as she lost a lot of weight despite us syringe feeding her on top of her eating wet food. She then stopped eating on her own altogether. We rushed her to the vet again, the vet wanted to do a blood test to see if she has leukemia & an ultrasound to check her organs.

I was so hesitant about more & more tests as she was clearly suffering. But I said ok as I wanted her to get better. The vet shaved her front leg to get blood, her skin was yellow. The vet then examined her for what seems forever and finally looked up at us and said what changed my world forever “she has liver cancer.”

I couldn’t believe it & started bawling asking the vet for any cure anything to help her. She shook her head & said sorry, she only has a few days left. I was in disbelief. She gave us 3 syringes of pain relief meds & told us to come back soon to euthanize her. We didn’t want to euthanize her, I cuddled her the entire night and laid by her. Gave her the pain meds, watched her as she slowly lost control of her body. I cried so hard telling her I love her & she’s the best cat. She finally passed away the following day next to all of us as she took her last breath.

I’m 34 weeks pregnant & I just couldn’t understand why she got taken away so soon. With a diagnosis of cancer one day and gone the next. I still can’t believe she’s gone. We miss her so much, I don’t know how I will ever get over losing her. 😭

My dog waiting for her to come back 😢😢