Relationship Issues (Sorry for the length)

A few months ago my boyfriend informed me that he may have another child with a woman that he used to date before me two years ago. He said he wanted to be straight up with and keep me in the loop and I appreciated that.

The problem is that the female was very immature and created lies that they were dealing with each other from time to time like sleeping together and that he was staying there when he wasn’t with me. A while ago when I had a meeting with them she came out of nowhere and said that she lied and that she was just saying that to basically say that. (Messy bitch)

A lot of the time when I think back to the first time I met him. I remember from the beginning that I thought he was a good guy but when that situation came up I didn’t know what to believe and ultimately I treated him mean and didn’t want anything to do with him.

Currently we’re trying to work on things and he calls me “Keyshia” when I’m acting in a controlling manner or talking down on him. I don’t like treating him that way either. I’m usually not like this but my attitude and personality has changed since this situation.

I want to forgive and forgot and let all the hurt go but I just don’t know how to do it.

I love him but he’s not happy and I miss the old us. At the same time, I don’t want to get in the way of him being a father to his son but it just bothers me when he’s around the child’s mother because of the type of person she is.

He is very reassuring and tells me that he loves me and that I don’t have anything to worry about but my insecurities are getting in the way.

For whoever reads this thanks for reading and your advice if you drop any.