Period after depo

Jess

Hi everyone I'm new here and hoping to get some help.

My partner and I have been ttc for a few months now - and it seems almost impossible to track when is a good time to try.

I was on the depo shot for at least 8 years with a 1 year break in between 4 years ago.

My last shot was exactly 1 year ago, I took two or three months of bc pill but haven't had any bc since may... but I still havent gotten what I would consider a full period back.

Last month I had extremely light spotting for about a day or two.. not even enough to fill a liner. With mild cramps for about 20 minutes one day and then an hour the next.. This month I had horrible cramps for the last 2 days, yesterday was a light bleed but more so what the end of my period or beginning would look like. When I had periods before my depo they were heavy for 3 days and lasted anywhere from 5 to 7 days. It seems today (day 2) what I thought was a normal period returning has almost completely stopped now (although still seemed heavier but still light this morning). Theres still light bleeding and constant cramping but again not enough to fill a liner. I'm just getting so frustrated with this and I'm not sure if this is normal or if theres any possibility of conceiving during this nightmare.

Other info: last month a week before my spotting I did have clear thin mucus like discharge when I peed once or twice. So I thought it could mean ovulation was coming back but my OB said no way to really tell

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks