I've been trying to break up with my bf

We've been together for almost 4 years. Unfortunately things turned for the worst after I saw some stuff on his computer that I wasnt supposed to (Pictures of an ex-friend of mine). He told me that he had been stalking her throughout our relationship and that she didn't mean anything special to him. I've become so insecure since this incident and my anxiety was getting out of control so we decided to take 3 weeks of no communication and during those days I noticed that I started to really feel happier and more confident in myself and now that those weeks are over I find myself circling back down to being insecure and having anxiety attacks again. I came to the decision that I want to end the relationship but every time I do, he says something that ends with us not breaking up at the end of the conversation. I care about him and I dont want to end the relationship on bad terms but how can I end something when he seems like hes the only one really holding onto the relationship and is trying to keep it together?