So my boyfriend just had a baby...

My boyfriend’s ex gave birth to their daughter yesterday (crazy situation) and I’m so excited for him.

I just don’t know what I’m supposed to do? Am I out of line for wanting to help out as much as I do?

Idk it feels like a switch flipped and suddenly I feel the need to help protect the baby with my entire being but obviously it’s not my baby...

I just don’t want Baby Mama to be angry that another woman is there with her baby when the kid is at our house. I’m well aware shes not mine but I’m still going to do my best to help them out and make sure the baby is happy and healthy. I don’t really know.

She’s beautiful though, I’ve seen pictures and I know my bf is going to be a great father.

Opinions? Are any of y’all in this situation? Are any of you the mom in this situation? How do you guys feel? Please let me know. I’m just trying to stay within boundaries for obvious reasons and I don’t want baby mama to think I’m disrespecting her at all by helping care for her kid. I’ve been the child in that situation before and my mom didn’t like that my stepmom was doing as much as she did. Idk. Thoughts?