We’re getting married tomorrow

Alyssa

I’m so nervous. This will be my second marriage. My first marriage ended because he cheated on me. He was my high school sweetheart and we’d been together 13 years and had a baby on the way. I never thought I would love again. I thought he ruined me.

Tomorrow, I’m going to the courthouse and I’m going to marry the most amazing man I’ve ever met.....and I’m scared to death. I wasn’t nervous or scared for my first marriage. I was confident.

I had a wedding, a small wedding, but still a wedding with flowers, decorations, a cake, a wedding dress, and guests. This time, I’m not doing that. I want it to be about us, and only us. I don’t even know if I’ll get any pictures, because we don’t have to have a witness and no one else knows yet.

I can’t get over how scared I am. I know it’s because of what happened before. I also know it is because this time is not like the last. I have cold feet, but I’m not running away. He is, and will continue to be, the best thing that has happened to me, aside from my babies.

I can’t believe we’re getting married tomorrow.