Unexpected Reaction from SO

Alright so being perfectly honest, when my SO and I found out we were pregnant with my 2nd, his first, neither of us was exactly thrilled considering I was on birth control and we wanted to wait a couple more years. Either way, I chose not to waste time being disappointed things didn't go as planned. He on the other hand was back and forth. Happy but still very scared and not sure how to handle things. I gave him his space and never pushed the baby talk. From the day I told him he has made sure I'm healthy, always asking if I need anything, caring for me, he never acted like he didn't wanna hear any of it but I could still tell he was just scared to talk about it. Then the other day he came to me and said "I'm not sure how you feel about it but I was thinking maybe we shouldn't announce you are pregnant to anyone yet" (I'm almost out of the first trimester and we had planned on announcing at 12/13 weeks) I felt sad like maybe he was ashamed so I asked why and he said "I had this really great idea for a gender reveal party and thought it would be great to surprise everyone there. That is if you aren't obviously showing before then. You were still pretty small with (input 1st child's name) so what do you think?" And I couldn't help but smile at him. I felt so badly for thinking he was ashamed when he was just so excited for this idea of his. My emotions got the better of me and I started crying. I told him of course if I wasnt obvious by that point then I would Love that. His smile said it all. He showed me ideas for food and how to do it. And the last thing he said sent me over the edge. I said "do you feel like you want a boy or a girl?" He said "I want healthy. But if it is a girl.. I think she should have your grandmothers name in there somewhere" knowing how much she means to me, I still wasnt expecting to hear that. I love this man so much.. I still feel so badly for doubting him when he started that talk. I'll never doubt him that way again ❤