Sex after childbirth

Well.... it took us 12 weeks but we finally managed fo have enough energy to try and have sex. It was awkward. It wasn’t comfortable. We made it about 2-3 minutes before my husband said, “you can stop anytime you need to.” He said it was because I had mentioned that it was a tiny bit painful but we all know why he really said it. I’m not at all tight anymore and he (okay, me too) wasn’t enjoying it. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ I know he won’t want to try again for a long time because even before I gave birth he only wanted sex every once in awhile (less than 1x/week). We are both bigger but have been losing weight and I’ve never been crazy tight. But he also has a smaller penis so it’s never been amazing sex. I am SO self conscious about it now. He has a child from a previous relationship and they stayed together a few years after the child was born and I’m worried he’s comparing me to her. It’s probably silly and he probably isn’t but my brain does these things. Any of you ladies experience this? I told him I was sorry that it isn’t the same and that I want to make him feel good he was sweet about it and all but it was so awkward. 😭😭😭