Emotional Appreciation post.

Alexandria • Mommy of two beautiful 4year old boys and an angel 👼

After the hardest two weeks we’ve ever had, my husband sends me this from work today. My husband never takes selfies, but he knew I needed to see someone smile after two weeks of tears.

On September 12th we received multiple phone calls from friends and family informing us that my husbands best friend since middle school had passed away unexpectedly at the age of 25. He was a wonderful man. Extremely smart and caring. Following that day I found it harder and harder to stay inside our house. Seeing our friend in nearly every room. He was just over, playing with our oldest and making plans to come over when our youngest got home, he was “uncle Mikey”... September 20th we said our final goodbyes surrounded by friends and family. We are still trying to come to grips with the loss.

My husband never cries, and Thursday as I watched him (along with a few other incredible young men that I have grown to love) carry their best friend out of the church, I saw his spirit crumble. This is the first real smile I’ve seen since we got the call. I don’t know what I would go without him next to me. He is one of the strongest men I know and I love him so so much. This loss was a test to our marriage, to see if we could come together and keep each other sane. It will take a long time to fully heal from this loss, but I am so blessed to have this man by my side through all of it.

Life is short, and sometimes people leave this earth before we are ready for them to. Take that picture, give that hug, and always say I love you.