Family can be the most insensitive

Jokkayy

It took my husband and I 4 cycles to conceive our first baby which is a perfectly normal time frame. That pregnancy ended in an ectopic with the methotrexate shot at 8 weeks. We are now only on cycle 4 since we have been ttc again and my aunt keeps saying the most frustrating things.

When I first had to terminate our pregnancy she just said “well maybe if you lose weight it will stick better next time”

That was so hurtful because it was so ignorant. Ectopics don’t need to “stick better” and it had nothing to do with my weight.

Now she recommends a D&C because “I just need to clean out and start from fresh” ....worst advice you can give someone who in no way needs one....

Then she just says that she doesn’t think my body can carry a healthy baby.

Like calm down please! It’s only been 4 fricken months. She’s making me feel like I just am not healthy and can’t conceive naturally. I’ve tried to tell her that an ectopic is very different from a miscarriage. She still thinks I just keep having miscarriages.

SO FRUSTRATING...and hurtful.

I’m just venting because I can’t post any of this on Facebook or to anyone else besides my mom or husband and they just keep saying that she’s crazy and not to listen. So end of rant lol