I need advice ☹️

Alexis • Hey yall💖

So here’s a little background story. I don’t want any judgment, or anything.

Me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 5 years now. It’ll be 5 years next May. I’m 22 and he’s 25. We’ve both lived in the same town our entire lives. Right now I’m living with him and his mom in their house and I have our entire relationship. Its an okay situation.

Recently I got an opportunity to move away to another state for a better job within my company, and without thinking about anyone else (for once In my life) I accepted it. I have my “interview” tomorrow, and I already have looked at a few apartments.

That being said, my boyfriend isn’t coming with me.... I am heartbroken. He said he wants to come, but it’s so last minute, and his mom is older in her 70’s so he would feel wrong leaving her which I understand.

A part of me feels like we’re just living out the rest of our relationship and then once I move, it’ll be done. He says that’s not so, but that’s just how I feel.

I’m trying not to let my relationship be the reason I don’t take this good opportunity, but it’s becoming really hard. a small small part of me wants to bomb

My interview so they change their mind.

I just need advice on how to go from living together for 5 years and being 8 hours away from each other. I truly believe he is the person I’m meant to be with. It kills me

I feel like a selfish asshole for not even considering my boyfriends feelings before I took this job and it’s eating at me every single day. I just need help. :(