I desperately need help. Edit

I'm 17, my mom is away for almost an entire month and I have to stay home alone. Its the first night. don't really have friends houses to go to. It's just me and her in our apartment.

We live on the 1st floor which in our building is a two story elevators ride up from the bottom floor. Our apartment building is secure, we used to have a security guard but not anymore I don't think.

Its almost 1 am and I cannot stop panicking about the weird tiny noises I hear. I have every single light on and have checked every room. Please tell me how to calm my nerves. I'm so terrified that I want to sit in the hallway all night awake.

Edit: thank you guys so much for the responses. My mom is leaving for a really good personal reason, and it’s not that she’s ditching me at all. Honestly I don’t want to disclose why because I’m afraid someone will randomly recognize me on this app based on the info I’ve given 😂 i am generally really independent and I have spent many nights alone, but thinking about her being out of state is freakier. i have some family to stay with but not much.. my car is really shitty and i simply don’t feel comfortable driving it far distances to see family. I LOVE staying home in the day time but it’s just a bit of a struggle at night. Thanks again!