10 month old waking not going back to sleep

Shae • Happily married and mama to Ronan, Freyja and Scotti. 💞

I’m at a loss here guys. My 10-month-old has suddenly started waking up twice a night and screaming inconsolably. The first time is very early in the night (like 10 or 11) and the second time is around 3am. Nothing seems to help. We pat his back, we sing to him, we rock him, I even nurse him (something I typically avoid doing to soothe him). He’ll quiet down and seem like he’s sleeping and the moment we put him down he’s screaming again. Tonight we got him to sleep in our bed after an hour and he suddenly woke up screaming again at 3am. We still haven’t gotten him back to sleep. We just tried a bath and he calmed down while in the bath for a few minutes but then sat in the bath screaming. I tried giving him a teether and he won’t take it. He doesn’t have a temperature. I don’t think he’s constipated and he hasn’t eaten anything unusual. The only thing I noticed is tonight the first time he woke I got him to calm down on me and he just seemed wired. He started smiling and babbling and would lay his head on me but very suddenly and easily wake and was very twitchy. I have no idea what to do next. He was sleeping perfectly before this. Do I let him cry? Do I take him to the doctor? Those are basically my only two options since nothing is soothing him.