Going out

Ni

How often would you guys say your husbands go out vs. you? I’m a SAHM and I never go anywhere with my friends. If I do I do it during the day or a few hours max WITH the kids for a play date. And let me tell you it’s not always “fun” lol knowing how kids are.

My husband on the other hand has “hobbies” like golf and fantasy football that take up much time (and money). He asks to golf every week at least. When he comes home from work or on his days off he’s watching YouTube videos on golf or on his phone for fantasy. We live with my mother so he likes to play hermit crab in our room. I understand he doesn’t want to spend a lot of time with my mom around but the room is NOT where our kids are. So he comes home and goes into the room to “decompress”. I can’t socialize with him unless I leave the kids in the living room and go into the room and or just text him, which is stupid.

I get upset sometimes when he is able to get off work early, he automatically asks to golf, doesn’t ever say “hey what would you and the kids like to do since I’m off early?”

He says I should have a hobby, but my hobby is basically being a mom. I want to spend my free time with him, and our kids doing something fun or just at home spending quality time together. And with him it seems like his “free time” is always trying to go golf or possibly do something where we can’t really join.

He says he doesn’t do anything nearly as much as a lot of people do. None of his friends have kids, a few have wives. They’re all able to get away without getting “bitched at”. He thinks he should be able to go out and do something once or twice a week. The last time I went out and did something ALONE with girlfriends was August 24th for a friends pure romance party. Which was maybe 2-3 hours. His golfing takes easily 4-6 hours.

I’m getting to my 28th week in my pregnancy and I’m getting quite forgetful, so sometimes when we argue I forget the times he went out and how long it took. I’m getting to the point where sometimes I want to write it down so I can show him. This is when YOU when out, this is when I went out, and most important this is when is as a FAMILY spent the day together. How does all of that work with you guys? Sorry this is so long, this is honestly the only thing we constantly bicker about. I usually end up giving up since I apparently don’t let him do anything? I just have no energy. My energy is spent on my kids, getting up, getting ready for school, doctors appointments, dinner, bedtime, making sure they bath, making sure they do homework, and take care of their teeth. On top of the typical SAHM do all the housework. So I tend to not have energy to bicker over pointless never ending battles.