Was I wrong for leaving?

Im so livid, but starting to feel bad for leaving how I did. Im a mom of 2 and a soon step mom to 1. I work a full time job from 730am to 330pm while my fiance just recently lost his job. Anyways my fiance and my room is pretty much a part of the living room so i can here everything going on out there. His ps4 is in the living room and him and our room mate was playing some football game they've been dying to play. I put the kids to bed and i went to bed alone around 930pm. They both were being very loud and i asked my fiance nicely to please keep it down he apologize but continued to be loud. At this point its midnight mind you i get up for work at 6am. This point im livid but continue to be nice and said its midnight and im still awake im trying my best not snap but you're making it hard when I've asked to please be quiet. He apologized and said he was coming in the bedroom soon. At this point its 3am im beyond livid and storm out the house to calm myself. He comes into the bed room finally and everything is all my fault. So we start fighting back and fourth and i had to call out of work because when i fianlly passed out i didnt wake up til noon. This isnt the first time this happened. Anyways i called one of my co workers which is also a close family member and he told me to leave hes tired of the way he treats me and that his mom was treated this way and hates to see me going through it. So while my fiance was sleeping i called my mom (the cars in my fiances name so i cant take it even tho i have been paying it and the insurance is in my name) to come get me and my kids. So i quietly start packing clothes and kids things and put the kids in the car and i left. My fiance finally woke up at 5pm and start spazing on me calling me every name in the book. Saying he's calling the cops for taking our daughter (shes 1). He finally calms down and said hes sorry it was a one time thing what he did. Now hes making me feel sorry for leaving.