FTM Hypnobirthing At Home

Bailey’s • 🇬🇧 Engineer•MBA•Yogini•MakeupArtist•Mom to the best Lab🐾First Time MommyToBe a Human👶🏻

Hi Ladies,

I am 35 weeks pregnant, due November 24th. I am having a pretty good and healthy pregnancy so far, no complications or anything. Baby is developing very well, measures and positioned good for now.

We are planning hypnobirthing at home in a pool, took private classes with my husband and practicing for 7 weeks. (I also have been practicing yoga for more than 10 years.)

I have an amazing doula, which is my hypnobirthing teacher, as well as an amazing midwife. Both are very happy and encouraging me about homebirth in a pool. My midwife thinks there is no reason to not to do that. (Only my heart beat is a little bit high, usually 90-95bpm, has always been like that before pregnancy as well.) My husband is also very, very helpful about anything and happy for us to have this experience at home. Oh, also my Labrador 🐾

I live in London and my hospital is Guys’ and St. Thomas’. So hospital-wise, I am pretty lucky as well.

However, I am a first time mom and as the big event comes closer, I began to feel very anxious and scared to give birth at home. My mind is full of “What if?” questions, especially after reading the study in NHS website, stating that “Among women having their first pregnancy who opted for a home birth, 45% were transferred to hospital before or after delivery.” Not necessarily because of a problem I guess, but anyway.

Do you or your friends have any experience at giving birth at home?

Please share! I really need to hear your thoughts and experiences 🙏🏻