I don’t know what else to do. 😭

K

I don’t even know if this is the right group to post in but I’m honestly looking for ANY advice possible. I’m willing to do and try anything.

So my daughter was born on 9/26. She’s 3 weeks old today.

In the hospital I met with a lactation consultant and things went okay for a few days. Due to EBF she was jaundice and I had to supplement with formula... which I didn’t want to do.

Anyways, she wasn’t sucking as strong as she should have been and got really frustrated. Her pediatrician said she has a lip tie and that could be a contributing reason as to why she’s not sucking properly. So I decided I would pump as much as I could and supplement with formula so she didn’t lose a ton of weight. At birth she was 6lbs 9oz. At her 2 week checkup she was 7lbs 8oz.

I’m SO FRUSTRATED because it seems like when I pump (which is every 2.5-3 hours), I can only get 1-1.5oz TOTAL from both boobs.

I see moms that can get 2-3oz a pump, which would be great because she’s now eating 3-4oz every feed. I don’t know how to get myself to make more milk. I just want to cry because I feel like I’m not doing enough for my daughter.

This is my second child.

With my first I pumped as much as I could and from what I remember (my son is 7yo now) I wasn’t able to pump a lot too and had to constantly supplement with formula. I wanted things to be different this time around but I feel so defeated. 😭😭😭

Help me. Please.