Missed Miscarriage

I had a scan at 8+2 days, fully expecting to see the beginning of my little ones life. The sac showed empty at around the 6 week mark. I was devastated as we have been trying for 1 year and a half. I was told it looked like missed miscarriage and to come back in 9 days time just to confirm dates weren’t off. Unfortunately it confirmed again no baby just the sac had grown by 4mls. I had absolutely no idea. No pain, No cramp, no blood. All pregnancy symptoms continued. I choose fo go home and miscarry naturally. Anyway 3 weeks on and I still never had any sign of miscarriage. Until yesterday I had brown discharge followed by some red blood. After such a long wait part of me was relived that I could try and move on from this. But the bleeding never amounted to much more like a light period. I never had any cramping and then the bleeding just stopped. I expected to bleed through the night but nothing? My question is does bleeding start and stop? How long can it take for the bleeding to start again? I feel like I cant leave the house as I am terrified it starts in the middle of a shop 🙁. Thanks for reading x